- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and pre boiled
- 4 eggs
- 2 Wine Chorizo, sliced
- 1 can Jesse Tree Fine Foods Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can La Molissana Diced Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion, diced and divided
- 1/4 cup Italissima Marinated Pepper Strips
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tbsp Spanish Paprika, divided
- 1 tbsp Gia Garlic Paste, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Parsley, finely chopped + more for garnish
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Preheat your oven to 355 degrees Celsius.
For the sauce:
In a small sauce pan heat 1 tbsp Olive Oil, then add 1/2 tbsp Garlic Paste and 1/2 of the diced onion and cook until it begins to lightly brown. Add the can of Diced Tomatoes, Rosemary, Parsley, 1/2 tbsp of Paprika and salt and pepper and simmer on low for 10 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
For the Hash:
In a cast iron or oven safe skillet heat 1 tbsp of Olive Oil. Add 1/2 tbsp Garlic Paste and the remaining half of the onion and cook until it begins to soften. Add the sliced Chorizo and cook for 2-3 mins, then add the Chickpeas and Marinated Pepper Strips and cook for another 2-3 mins, stirring continuously. Now add the cooked potatoes, 1/2 tbsp of Paprika and salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 mins, allowing for the potatoes to crisp up a bit and absorb some of the flavourful oil from the Chorizo. Now stir in the tomato sauce and make sure everything in the skillet is well coated.
For the Eggs:
Crack the eggs on top of the hash, being careful not to break the yolks and to try and space them out evenly. Put the skillet in your oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the egg whites have set but the yolks are still runny.