- 1 package Bella Italia Risotto Al Tartufo OR Riso Arborio Al Funghi Porcini
- 1 cup sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and then thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, grated and divided in half + more for topping
- 1/2 package Anna’s dried chanterelles
- 1/2 package Anna’s dried forest mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Nigella Seeds, divided in half
- 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
Rinse dried mushrooms, then soak in 2 cups of water until they are soft and re-hydrated (30-45min).
Prepare the Bella Italia risotto as directed on the box.
Add crushed garlic, onions and olive oil to a frying pan and cook until they are soft and reach a deep golden brown.
Add 1 whole sprig of rosemary to the pan, along with the re-hydrated mushrooms, the Cremini and the nigella seeds. Reserve the mushroom water. Cook until soft.
Once cooked, add some of the mushroom water to the pan and bring to a light simmer. (Add about 1/4 cup at a time, just enough liquid to create a bit of a sauce). Add 1/4 cup grated ecorino Romano, and some salt and pepper to taste.
Add the remaining 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano to the finished risotto.
Spoon the mushrooms and sauce over the risotto, top with remaining nigella seeds, extra Pecorino Romano and garnish with rosemary.